Thursday, November 20, 2008

Work for Food in Seattle WA


A little less than a year ago I began my “Work for Food” campaign to support the Hungry in Seattle. My intentions were to donate a portion of my personal real estate commission to support local food banks and soup kitchens.

To date I’ve raised over $2,000!!!

Half was donated to the Phinney Neighborhood Association which operates a Soup Kitchen that feeds over 22,000 homeless, low income, elderly and disabled people each year.

The other half was donated to the Ballard Food Bank which distributes food, clothing and personal hygiene items plus provides three hot lunches a week to people in need.

In 2009 I intend to continue this campaign. With the current economic crisis we are facing, these two non-profits, as well as many others, need all the help they can get. Please keep them in mind this holiday season.

More Information

No comments: