I have had a goal to give back to the community as much as I can, and I’m proud to have had a helping hand in many worthwhile causes. Looking over the past year the goals that have been achieved are exciting and I’d like to take a moment and share them with you.
• In February and March, Faces for life, a fund raiser for the Puget Sound Blood Center, raised over $440,000.00. http://www.andrewlparker.com/facesforlife.html
• In July and November, the Summer’s Best Beer Taste and the Winter Beer Taste were both held by the Phinney Neighborhood Association. Between these two events over $24,000.00 was raised for the PNA. http://www.andrewlparker.com/bestbeertaste.htm
• As part of every transaction closed by the Realtors in my office, a portion of it goes to the Children’s Miracle Network. In 2005 our office was recognize by RE/MAX International as the top office on the West Coast. In 2006 we are poised to surpass 2005 by raising over $8,000.00. http://www.andrewlparker.com/artwalk.htm
• In March the BIG CLIMB FOR LEUKEMIA was held, which challenges participants to climb to the top of the Columbia Tower (by stairs) to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Team RE/MAX raised over $2,500.00 for this event and the grand total raised was over $460,000.00. http://www.andrewlparker.com/bigclimb.htm
• Each month of the year I have the pleasure of hosting a talented artist in the conference room at my office as part of the Ballard Art Walk. I have gotten to meet many inspiring individuals and am proud to help promote their work. http://www.andrewlparker.com/artwalk.htm
• In early August last year I helped with the Magnolia Summer Festival and Art Show, which supports local artists and the community as a whole. http://www.andrewlparker.com/magnoliaartfest.htm
In 2007 I look forward to continuing to support many of these organizations, and I’m proud to announce that I have been invited to become a member of the Board of Directors at the Phinney Neighborhood Association and the Co-Chair for the Arts Show with the Magnolia Summer Festival.
I recently read a quote that I’d like to share with you for the coming year.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place ...
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. “
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thank you for your support and have a happy holiday season!!!