Monday, August 04, 2008

Terry Blumer at the Ballard Art Walk-August 2008

Join me at the Ballard Art Walk on August 9th. I'll be hosting Terry Blumer from 6 to 9 PM at the FORUM CENTER located at 1718 NW 56th Street, Seattle, WA 98107.

http://www.andrewlparker.com/artwalk.htm

Terry's Artist Statement:
“The architecture of Nature has always intrigued me. From the simple elegance of a leaf to the complexity of a bird’s feathers, nothing created by humans can ever quite replicate the perfect design found in nature. Originally from Texas, I earned my Architectural degree from the university of New Mexico and the controlled elements of architectural drawing strongly influence my work. I work in many different mediums and generally find myself gravitating towards those which encourage assemblages and explore the illusion of multi dimensions. I find collage particularly rewarding as it allows things of beauty to be created out of recycled materials which might have otherwise made their way into landfills.”

No comments: